Vehicle of Knowledge
From Stone to Instantaneous Publication
“Vehicle of Knowledge”, a title of a new book issued by the Bibliotheca Alexandrina (BA) on the occasion of the fifth anniversary of its inauguration. The book dates the recording of knowledge from the prehistoric period until the appearance of publishing. It shows also vehicles of knowledge references and their development as Encyclopedias and Dictionaries then the computers, Internet and various multimedia.
The authors talked about the Bibliotheca Alexandrina in the last part of the book, as it represents a new digital vehicle of knowledge. They also mentioned some of the BA projects which resemble digitizing Knowledge and making it available to humanity. The book consists of seven chapters:
- Chapter One: Recording Knowledge from the Prehistoric period to the appearance of Publishing.
- Chapter Two: The First Appearance of Publishing in the World.
- Chapter Three: The Appearance of Publishing in Egypt.
- Chapter Four: The Press in the Era of Mohamed Aly’s Family.
- Chapter Five: Releases of Bulaq Press and its Publishing Guidelines.
- Chapter Six: The Egyptian Incidents and the Origin of Press in Egypt.
- Chapter Seven: Vehicles of Knowledge References throughout the Ages.
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina ….. New Digital Vehicle