Welcome to the website of the Eleventh International Congress of Egyptologists.
With reference to the acceptance of the General Assembly of the International Association of Egyptologists, Egyptologists from all countries are cordially invited to participate in the Eleventh International Congress of Egyptologists, which will be held in Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria, Egypt, September 2014.
The congress will be organized by the Calligraphy Center in Bibliotheca Alexandria under the auspices of the International Association of Egyptologists and the Ministry of State for Antiquities, Egypt. The aim is to provide a meeting point for all Egyptologists based on some selected themes.
The International Congress of Egyptologists is traditionally open to all areas of Egyptological research, and its goal is to seek for research papers focusing on all major themes of Egyptology. However, the contributions are organized on a series of major themes within Egyptology:
- The Ancient Egyptian Language in the form of writings and inscriptions.
- The Cultural Heritage in ancient Egypt.
- Funerary beliefs and practices.
- Egyptian Archeology, Art and Religion.
- Sociology, Literature, Economy and Philology.
- Egyptian History, Foreign Relations and Diplomacy.
- Field work, site management and Museology.
- Archaeoastronomy in Ancient Egypt.
- Historiography in Ancient Egypt.
The ICE 2014 organizing committee will administer a refereed congress with MSA, whereby abstracts will be peer-reviewed. In the same manner, articles submitted for publication of the ICE 2014 proceedings will also be subject to peer-review. Also proposals of the keynote speakers and the closed session’s papers will be considered by the scientific committee of the ICE and BA, and time slots will be allocated upon the approval of the proposal. More themes may be added as the overall subject-matter of the proposed papers becomes apparent.
Looking forward to seeing you in September 2014.