Pre-Conference Tours (Optional)
For more information, please check the following URLs:http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/alexandrianationalmuseum.htmhttp://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/fortqaitbey.htmhttp://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/romantheatre.htmhttp://www.touregypt.net/alpompey.htm
Date: 28 June 2010For more information about the library, please check the following URL:http://www.bibalex.org
Post Conference Tours (Optional)
Cairo: Pyramids and the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, Memphis and Sakkara, Salah El Din Citadel, and Khan El-Khalili BazaarDate: 1-2 July 2010 (two days - one night)Cost: 275 USD, including transportation from Alexandria, hotel accommodation on BB basis, tour guide (English, Arabic, French), entrance tickets and lunch.For more information, please check the following URLs:http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/giza.htmhttp://www.egyptianmuseum.gov.eg/http://www.touregypt.net/southsaq.htmhttp://www.touregypt.net/khan.htm
Luxor and Aswan (Optional)
Date: 3-7 July 2010 (five days - four nights)
Five stars Deluxe Nile Cruise ship; fully air conditioned, with sumptuous restaurants capable of accommodating all guests at once, comfortable lounges where guests can have a drink or participate in a variety of activities and swimming pools on spacious sun decks where guests can relax and enjoy the warmth of the Sun. All cabins have a Nile river view and are fully-equipped with a W.C/shower or bath, a TV and all necessary amenities to make guests’ stay as comfortable as possible from Luxor to Aswan via Esna, Edfu, Komombo and vice versa.
Cost: 600 USD, including:
• Transportation from Alexandria to Cairo Airport by bus.• Travel from Cairo Airport to Luxor Airport by plane.• Travel from Aswan Airport to Cairo Airport by plane.• Transportation from Cairo Airport to Alexandria by bus.• Five Stars Deluxe full accommodation, tour guide (English, Arabic, French) and entrance tickets.
Tentative Program for the Tour:
Saturday, 3 July
- Moving from Alexandria to Cairo Airport.
- Travelling to Luxor.
- Checking in before lunch.
- Afternoon visit: Luxor & Karnak Temple.
- Overtnight in Luxor.
Sunday, 4 July
- After breakfast: visiting the Valley of the Kings, Queen Hatshepsut, and the Memnon Clossals.
- After lunch: sailing to Esna, crossing the lake of Esna, and sailing to Edfu.
- Overnight in Edfu
(lunch + dinner on board)
Monday, 5 July
- After breakfast: visiting the temple of Horus, continue sailing to Komombo, visiting the temple of Komombo, and saliling to Aswan.
(Lunch + dinner on board)
Tuesday, 6 July
- Arrival at Aswan before lunch.
- Afternoon: visiting the new and old dam, the unfinished oblesic, and sailing by falucca around the Aghakhan.
- Overnight in Aswan.
(lunch + dinner on board)
Wednesday, 7 July
- After breakfast: Checking out at noon time.
- Travelling to Cairo Airport.
- Moving back to Alexandria.
The minimum number for the pre- and post conference tours is 30 persons. If the number does not exceed 30 persons, the tour will be automatically cancelled.
The deadline for the tour reservation is 30 April 2010.