Akter, Shahriar and D'Ambra, John and Ray, Pradeep | 2010
- Author(s): Akter, Shahriar and D'Ambra, John and Ray, Pradeep
- Publisher: University of Pretoria]
- Pages: --
- Keywords: mobile telecommunication services, health services, quality of life, developing countries
While the potential of mHealth services to transform healthcare delivery is widely recognized, concerns about poor quality perceptions regarding reliability, efficiency or privacy need to be considered. This paper aims to analyze and critically assess the use of existing service quality theories.
Akter, S. and Ray, P. | 2010
- Author(s): Akter, S. and Ray, P.
- Publisher: University of New South Wales. Australian school of business (ASB). Information systems, technology and management. Asia-Pacific ubiquitous healthcare research centre (APuHC)
- Pages: 94--100
- Keywords: health services, mobile telecommunication services, evaluation, health information
The paper summarizes major current developments and research in the field of mHealth services. It looks at different mHealth applications for low-resource settings and discusses success factors and challenges. (Abstract only)
Alam, Mafruha | 2010]
- Author(s): Alam, Mafruha
- Publisher: Click diagnostics
- Pages: --
- Keywords: mobile telecommunication services, maternal and child health, maternal health services, health personnel, data collection, evaluation, slums, bangladesh
The paper presents methodology, results and limitations of a project using mobile phones to improve data collection on maternal, newborn and child health in urban slums. CHWs were enabled to better assess the level of risk of pregnant women and prioritize resources for targeted intervention.
Alanzo, Francis | 2010
- Author(s): Alanzo, Francis
- Publisher: VOAvideo
- Pages: --
- Keywords: mobile telecommunication services, public health, developing countries, health information, data collection, nonprofit corporations, kenya
The Making a Difference series presents a video on Datadyne.org and its founder, epidemiologist Joel Selanikio. The data collection tool EpiSurveyor and its application in developing countries is explained.
Alis, Christian | 2009
- Author(s): Alis, Christian
- Publisher: Liebert
- Pages: 241--247
- Keywords: mobile telecommunication services, computer applications, disease control
Researchers devised Lifelink, a mobile real-time telemonitoring and diagnostic facility to command and control remote medical devices through mobile phones. Electrocardiogram readings are analyzed and categorized without user intervention.