EVIDENCE-BASED LECTURE FOR THE EPIDEMIOLOGY SUPERCOURSE.
By: Hassan S. Ba'aqeel MBBS, FRCSC, FRCOG.
Chairman of the department of Obstetrics & Gynecology,
King Khalid National Guards Hospital,
P.O. Box 9515, Jeddah 21423,
1. Learning the basic concept of Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM).
2. Learning why EBM approach to health care is superior to the traditional authoritarian approach.
3. Learning the basic steps in adopting an EBM approach to clinical practice.
1. Be able to reflect on one's own approach to practice.
2. Given the links posted in the lecture, be able to explore in depth the EBM approach.
3. Be motivated to tap into the Cochrane's Library as a starting point.