|Membership to the Egyptian Association |
The Association accepts members whoever are willing to achieve its goals, Egyptians and non-Egyptians alike. Moreover, it accepts the membership of children not less than 12 years of age.
Types of Membership
Active members: An active member must be recommended by two members or one board member or sit for an interview. The annual subscription is EGP 60.,- in addition to a registration fee of EGP 25.,-. An active member is entitled to attend the General Assembly, to vote and to nominate himself / herself to the Board.
Associate members: An associate member pays a subscription on fee of 25EGP can attend all activities but has no vote and cannot attend the annual general assembly.
- Members are entitled to 50% reduction of tickets on all activities performed by the Cairo Opera House in Alexandria on presenting the association membership card
- Attend all cultural and artistic activities organized by the Association or by the Library
- Receive a monthly program, sent by mail to the members, regarding all activities organized by the Library, the Association and the Opera House
- Special privileges for the access to the Library
Responsibilities the members can assume
- Contribute in the preparation and organization of major activities hosted by the Library
- Participate in the activities of the working groups formed by the Association
- Promote the Library's activities and formation of Friends of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina clubs in schools, colleges, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), governmental authorities and the mass media.