Center for International Earth Science
Information Network (CIESIN)
- Marc Levy is Deputy Director of the Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN), part of the Earth Institute at Columbia University.
- He also serves as an adjunct professor in Columbia's School of International and Public Affairs.
- He is a political scientist specializing in the human dimensions of global change.
- He is an expert on environment-security connections, environmental sustainability, emerging infectious diseases, the geography of poverty, and the effectiveness of international environmental institutions.
- His work has been supported by a large number of national and international agencies. He serves as Lead Project Scientist of the Socioeconomic Data and Applications Center; and directs the Earth Institute's Cross-Cutting Initiative on Environment-Security Linkages.
- He has served on a number of global environmental assessments and frequently advises national governments and international organizations on global change issues.
- Before coming to CIESIN in 1998 Mr. Levy had teaching appointments at Princeton University and Williams College.