1- The Culturama
Culturama, designed by CULTNAT, is a cultural panoramic show portraying the history of Egypt and is considered the first interactive nine screens worldwide. Free-of-charge, and lasting for 15-20 minutes, it is displayed on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, as per the following schedule:
1. The maximum capacity of the hall is 70 seats.
2. Prior reservation for Culturama is a must for school visits and groups and the reservation should be at least 5 days in advance.
3. In case of technical problems, the show may be cancelled without prior notice.
2- Sadat Panorama
It is a new panorama show presented in the Culturama Hall about the life of the late President Mohamed Anwar El-Sadat. The Sadat Panorama is presented at the same time of the Culturama Show upon request:
|12:30 pm (French)
||1:00 pm (English)
||2:30 pm (Arabic)
3- Children Shows
Presentations can be scheduled for children ages, 4-9 years and are designed in order to explain and describe the history of the Ancient Library of Alexandria, and the building of the New Library in a simplified manner using animation. Only through reservation, these presentations are available on any day (except Friday and Saturday) at 9:00 am, 10:00 am and 11:00 am. The presentations lasts approximately 45 minutes each, along with a tour of the Library building.
- Children may also visit the children’s library from 6 to 11 years old but in this case a prior reservation should be made (ext:1628)
- The entrance of the library is free of charge for children under 6 years of age (either non-Egyptians or Egyptians).
- The entrance fee is 50 piaster for Egyptians and 5 pounds for foreigners for the children above 6 years of age .
- For this presentation to be displayed, we should have at least 20 children
4- The BA: Past, Present and Future Film
Screening of “The BA: Past, Present and Future” film that shows the history of the ancient Library of Alexandria, and the efforts done to revive it. The film also highlights the BA different services and activities. It is followed by a guided tour. The film lasts for 12 minutes, and requires prior reservation.
5- Family Visit Program
The BA Visits Department is announcing their organized family tours that will be held during the mid-year and summer vacations. The tours include the following:
- The Children’s Library and Young People’s Library
- A screening of The BA: Past, Present and Future film
- An introductory tour of the BA to explain its history
- The Permanent Exhibitions
- The Antiquities Museum
- The Manuscripts Museum
- The Sadat Museum
- The Culturama show
The tours will take place from Sunday to Thursday, 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm. The program lasts approximately two hours and is open to all participants aged six and over.
For more information or booking, please contact the Guided Tours desk.
Telephone: +(203) 483999.
Kindly note that the admission tickets include the Family Visit Program.