The BA Launches Abdel Rahman El-Abnudi Prize for Slang Poetry and Critical Studies
The BA, in cooperation with Dr. Hassan Rateb, Chairman of the Governing Council of Mehwar TV Channel, presents the Abdel Rahman El-Abnudi Prize for Slang Poetry and Critical Studies.
The prize is divided into two sections:
The First Section: Slang Poetry
Submitted poems should be in printed form and in Egyptian slang.
The first edition of the poem should have been published from 2018 until the final deadline of this year’s round.
The poet should not be less than 20 years old and not more than 40 on 31/1/2020.
The poet should not have won first place in El-Abnudi Competition or any other competition for slang poetry in the last five years.
The poet should only submit one poem, attached with his/her biography and contacts.
The Second Section: Critical studies
- The study should discuss one of the creative aspects of El-Abnudi’s poetry.
- The study should not have been previously published.
- The study should not be less than 20,000 words and not more than 40,000 words.
- The study should be submitted in hard copy and on CD, accompanied by the researcher’s biography and contacts.
- No age-limit required for this section.
- The study should be accompanied by a declaration written by the contestant, ascertaining that he/she is the author of the study, and that El-Abnudi Competition is not involved in any disputes that may surround it.
The BA will receive the works of both sections starting from 15 October 2019, until 31 January 2020.
Works should be submitted at Sinnari House (five hard copies for the poem and one hard copy for the critical studies).
A short-list of the winners will be announced on El-Abnudi’s birthday, 11 April 2020.
The awards will be given in a big ceremony in commemoration of the anniversary of El-Abnudi’s death, on 21 April 2020.
The first winner in both sections will be awarded EGP 30,000, while the second winner will receive EGP 20,000.