Visiting the Library
Saturday to Thursday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
View Bibliotheca Alexandrina in a larger map
Saturday to Thursday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
||Students and Retiress
Visitors may access all library resources and join guided tours. This ticket also includes access to Permanent Exhibitions, as well as Temporary Exhibitions.
Note: Collective tickets allow entrance to the Library, exhibitions and museums (antiquities and manuscripts). Admission to the Taha Hussein Library for the visually impaired is free.
Admission to the Planetarium
An exclusive ticket for Planetarium shows, the Science Museum and ALEXploratorium may be purchased at the entrance of the Planetarium. Ticket rate is determined by the Planetarium show schedule.
Library visitors are kindly requested to follow the guidelines below:
- Children and youngsters under 16 years old are not permitted inside the Reading Area unless they join a Guided Tour.
- Photos are allowed in the Library Reading Area, but not in some Museums and some Exhibitions.
- Visitors are requested to leave their personal belongings (purses, backpacks, etc.) in the deposit boxes situated next to the ticket office outside the Main Library at Port Said street.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring food, eat, sleep, or smoke in the Library.
- Visitors are not allowed to use mobile phones in the Library Reading Area. Violators will be subject to a fine of EGP 10.
- All public areas are wheelchair-accessible. The Reading Area is equipped with elevators and ramps in each level in order to facilitate movement for the disabled. Wheel chairs are available at the Visits Reception Desk.