Guidelines for the Poster Session
• Dimensions of each poster should be 70 cm (width) x 100 cm (height) mounted horizontally.
• All posters will be arranged by topic.
• The first author of the poster abstract is responsible for the proper assembly, mounting, and presentation of his/her poster.
• The poster board surface consists of wood. Push-pins/staple pins can be used to mount the poster. Each presenter must provide push-pins for his/her display.
• At the top of each poster, you should post a label stating the title, authors, and author affiliations. Logos and advertising material must NOT be used.
• The official language at the Poster Session will be English.
• Illustrations and text must be readable from a distance of at least one-and-a-half meters away. The poster should be clear with no explanation required.
All lines should be heavily drawn.
• In the planning of your poster presentation, remember that the poster will be available for viewing and discussion for several hours.
• The poster should contain an abstract, an introduction, methodology, results and discussion with illustrations (such as figures, tables) conclusions and recommendations.
It should follow the diagram below:
• You should provide summary (A4 paper size) of your poster, as well as your business card, to pass out to those who are interested.
If circumstances prevent you from making your presentation, you must arrange for a substitute to present your paper. Presenters are expected to discuss their work with scientists visiting their poster display particularly during the coffee breaks of the conference.
It is advisable to check the invited speakers list and the program prior to the conference so you may be able to contact the speaker in your relevant field and invite them to visit your poster and discuss your results.