Professor Mohamed El-Sharkawi
Department of Electrical Engineering
University of Washington
- Vice President for Technical Activities of the IEEE Neural Networks Society
- Author of two textbooks
- fundamentals of Electric Drives published by Brooks/Cole, 2000.
- Electric Energy: An Introduction published by CRC press, 2004.
- Editor/co-editor of several IEEE tutorial books on Intelligent Systems and Applications.
- Member of the administrative committee of the IEEE Neural Networks Council representing the Power Engineering Society.
- Multi- Media Tutorial Chair of the neural network Society.
- Founding Chairman of numerous IEEE task forces and working groups and subcommittees
- Member of the editorial board and associate editor of several journals
- Organized and taught several international tutorials on intelligent systems applications, power quality and power systems. · Chairman of the IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives, Seattle , May 1999.
- Founder of the international conference on the Application of Neural Networks to Power Systems (ANNPS)
- Co-founder of the international conference on Intelligent Systems Applications to Power (ISAP).
- Organized and chaired numerous panel and special sessions in IEEE and other conferences.
- Consultant on electric safety, operation and control of electric systems, devices and circuits, and intelligent systems.
- Published over 200 papers and book chapters in his research areas.
- Holds 5 licensed patent