The BA: Past, Present and Future Film
Screening of “The BA: Past, Present and Future” film showcases the history of the ancient Library of Alexandria, and the efforts made to revive it. The film also highlights the BA different services and activities, and is followed by a guided tour.
The screening lasts for 12 minutes, and requires prior reservation.
Presentations can be scheduled for children aged 4-9. They are designed to explain and describe the history of the ancient Library of Alexandria, and the building of the New Library in a simplified manner using animation. The show is available every day (except Fridays and Saturdays) at 9:00 am, 10:00 am and 11:00 am, and lasts approximately 45 minutes each, followed by a tour of the Library building.
- Children aged 6 - 11 are allowed to visit the Children’s Library. Prior reservations should be made through calling: +(203) 4839999 Ext:1628.
- Library admission is free of charge for children under 6 years old (for Egyptians and non-Egyptians).
- A minimum of 20 children is required for the screening of the show.
Family Visit Program (temporarily unavailable)
The BA Visits Department organizes its family visit tours that are held during the mid-year and summer vacations. The tours include the following:
- An explanation of the history of the ancient Bibliotheca Alexandrina to explain its history and a tour of the new Library to introduce its different sections and services
- The Children’s Library and the Young People’s Library
- The Manuscripts Museum
- The Antiquities Museum
- The Sadat Museum
- Temporary and Permanent Exhibitions
- The Culturama show
The Program runs from Sunday, 29 January 2023 to Thursday, 9 February 2023, Sunday through Thursday, at 11:00 am and 1:00 pm, and tours last from one and a half to two hours.
Please note that reservations are on a first-come first-served basis, and admission tickets are required.
The Program is open to all visitors aged 4 and above.
For more information, please contact the Guided Tours desk.
Telephone: +(203) 4839999.
Ext.: 1573 - 1574