The BA: Past, Present and Future Film (Currently Unavailable)
Screening of “The BA: Past, Present and Future” film that shows the history of the ancient Library of Alexandria, and the efforts done to revive it. The film also highlights the BA different services and activities. It is followed by a guided tour. The film lasts for 12 minutes, and requires prior reservation.
Children's Show (Currently Unavailable)
Presentations can be scheduled for children ages, 4-9 years and are designed in order to explain and describe the history of the Ancient Library of Alexandria, and the building of the New Library in a simplified manner using animation. Only through reservation, these presentations are available on any day (except Friday and Saturday) at 9:00 am, 10:00 am and 11:00 am. The presentations lasts approximately 45 minutes each, along with a tour of the Library building.
- Children may also visit the children’s library from 6 to 11 years old but in this case a prior reservation should be made (ext:1628)
- The entrance of the library is free of charge for children under 6 years of age (either non-Egyptians or Egyptians).
- For this presentation to be displayed, we should have at least 20 children
Family Visit Program
The BA Visits Department organizes its family visit tours that are held during the mid-year and summer vacations. The tours include the following:
- An explanation of the history of the ancient Bibliotheca Alexandrina to explain its history and a tour of the new Library to introduce its different sections and services
- The Children’s Library and the Young People’s Library
- The Manuscripts Museum
- The Antiquities Museum
- The Sadat Museum
- Temporary and Permanent Exhibitions
- The Culturama show
The program lasts from one and a half to two hours and changes daily to include different tours of the aforementioned locations. The tours will take place from Sunday to Thursday, 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm, and are open to all participants aged four and over. Please note that the program is liable to any changes without prior notice.
For more information or booking, please contact the Guided Tours desk.
Telephone: +(203) 4839999.
Ext.: 1573 - 1574
Kindly note that the admission tickets include the Family Visit Program.