Reference Librarians - Information Services Department
The BA Information Services Department announces the acceptance of a new group of young volunteers for a period of three months, in addition to one month of training (from 1 November 2023 to 29 February 2024).
If you have a university degree and the desire to volunteer to simulate the work environment and interact with the public, and are proficient in the use of computer programs, you can join us for volunteering and training, as the training will include various lectures and workshops in human development, self-development, communication skills, teamwork, etc, which will contribute to refining your potential and talents, while giving you the skills required for the labor market, with the aim of achieving the Library's mission in serving scientific research and community development.
Volunteering includes working at the information desks in the Main Library, the Arts and Multimedia Library and the Maps Library, as well as the Membership desks and the Closed Stacks Services desk.
Those who wish to join the volunteering program can fill out the form shown in the announcement (a CV, personal photo and copy of the national ID card should be attached within the form), no later than 7 October 2023. Candidates who will be called for an interview will be notified by email (from 9 to 12 October 2023).
Application form: https://lnkd.in/dZNmw4Az
Travel Officer - Travel and Logistics Department
The BA Travel and Logistics Department announces new volunteering opportunities. Through these opportunities, the Library aims to form a base of volunteers and distinctively train them on logistical reservations and organizing conferences, an endeavor that contributes to achieving the Library's mission in community development.
- Booking hotels in Egypt.
- Booking transportation (buses, vans and limousines).
- Booking airline tickets (domestic and international flights).
- Booking catering (inside and outside the Library).
- Organizing conferences and handling logistical tasks.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 21 and 30 years old.
- Applicants must have a higher academic qualification.
- Proficiency in word & Excel (preferably an ICDL certificate).
- Proficiency in English.
- The applicant must be a resident of Alexandria.
A CV and a recent personal photo should be sent to:
Tour Guide - Visits Department
The BA Visits Department is pleased to announce a new volunteering opportunity for a Tour Guide.
The volunteer is expected to take individuals and groups of various nationalities on tours of the Library, and provide a general explanation of its history and services in different languages (Arabic, English, French).
Age required: 19 to 29. Presentability is necessary.
CVs should be delivered via the Guided Tours Desk at the Library Entrance or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CVs must be written in English and include a recent photo.
- Deadline for CV submission: 5 October 2023.
Role and Responsibilities
- Leading BA guided tours for different categories.
- Setting and explaining the cultural panoramic show “Culturama”.
- Handling special shows for the public, such as the Children’s show and “The BA: Past, Present and Future” show.
- General knowledge of historical events and their causes.
- Excellent command of at least one foreign language is required for guided tours for non-Arabic speakers.
- Neat appearance and formal presentability.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Should have a clear and pleasant tone of voice.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Reliable and quick learner.
- Flexibility concerning working hours (shift duties, weekends, and official holidays) when required.