Travel Officer - Travel and Logistics Department
The BA Travel and Logistics Department announces a new volunteering opportunity (three months long). Through this opportunity, the Library aims to form a base of volunteers and distinctively train them on logistical reservations and organizing conferences, an endeavor that contributes to achieving the Library's mission in community development.
- Booking hotels in Egypt.
- Booking transportation (buses, vans and limousines).
- Booking airline tickets (domestic and international flights).
- Booking catering (inside and outside the Library).
- Organizing conferences and handling logistical tasks.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 21 and 30 years old.
- Applicants must have a higher academic qualification.
- Proficiency in word & Excel (preferably an ICDL certificate).
- Proficiency in English.
- The applicant must be a resident of Alexandria.
A CV and a recent personal photo should be sent to:
Volunteering Opportunities at the Visits Department
The BA Visits Department receives volunteers in the Guided Tours and Reception Sections on a regular basis (a new group of volunteers is selected every few months).
- The guide takes visitors (individuals and groups) of different nationalities on tours of the Library in different languages (Arabic, English or French) during which he/she explaining the history and services of the BA.
- The guide also explains the different culturama shows (historical shows such as the Sadat Show and the Fatimid Cairo Panorama).
- The receptionist books guided tours for individuals or groups of different nationalities, organizes tour dates and registers them into the Library's database.
- He/she also responds to visitors' inquiries, directs them to the various Library sections and receives suggestions and complaints from the public.
Required Qualifications for Both Opportunities
- General knowledge of historical events and their causes.
- Proficiency in at least one foreign language.
- Neat and formal appearance.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Fast learner and reliable.
- Flexibility when needed regarding working hours (shifts, weekends and public holidays).
The training period consists of 260 hours. Volunteers receive certificates at the end of the volunteering period.
Required age: 19 – 29 years old, and good appearance is required.
*CVs should be submitted at the Guided Tours Desk - Library Entrance, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. They must be written in English and include a recent personal photo.