The BA: Past, Present and Future Film
Screening of “The BA: Past, Present and Future” film that shows the history of the ancient Library of Alexandria, and the efforts done to revive it. The film also highlights the BA different services and activities. It is followed by a guided tour. The film lasts for 12 minutes, and requires prior reservation.
Presentations can be scheduled for children ages, 4-9 years and are designed in order to explain and describe the history of the Ancient Library of Alexandria, and the building of the New Library in a simplified manner using animation. Only through reservation, these presentations are available on any day (except Friday and Saturday) at 9:00 am, 10:00 am and 11:00 am. The presentations lasts approximately 45 minutes each, along with a tour of the Library building.
- Children may also visit the children’s library from 6 to 11 years old but in this case a prior reservation should be made (ext:1628)
- The entrance of the library is free of charge for children under 6 years of age (either non-Egyptians or Egyptians).
- For this presentation to be displayed, we should have at least 20 children
Family Visit Program
The BA Visits Department is announcing their organized family tours that will be held during the mid-year and summer vacations. The tours include the following:
- The Children’s Library and Young People’s Library
- A screening of The BA: Past, Present and Future film
- An introductory tour of the BA to explain its history
- The Permanent Exhibitions
- The Antiquities Museum
- The Manuscripts Museum
- The Sadat Museum
- The Culturama show
The tours will take place from Sunday to Thursday, 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm. The program lasts approximately two hours and is open to all participants aged six and over.
For more information or booking, please contact the Guided Tours desk.
Telephone: +(203) 483999.
Kindly note that the admission tickets include the Family Visit Program.