The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) embraced at UN summit held in September 2015 raise various challenges that face humans, affect their lives and have significant impact on the planet. Worldwide scientific communities can play pivotal role to help achieving these aspiring goals. Furthermore, it became of high priority in this era when technology advancement is promptly developing and scientific world is continuously changing, to encourage interaction between worldwide scientific communities.
For this purpose, the BioVisionAlexandria 2018 will hold a Poster Session which aims at providing opportunities for scientists, specifically the youth, to meet with life sciences professionals, and present their work in a professional atmosphere of discussion and interchange.
The theme of the BioVisionAlexandria 2018 Conference is “New Life Sciences: Towards SDGs”.
BioVisionAlexandria 2018 organizers cordially invite you to submit an abstract for presentation during this Poster Session, at this international conference attended by a wide range of eminent scientists and specialists.
Your poster should address related subjects in the fields of Health, Environment or Agriculture, in response to SDGs.
- Poster presenter(s) under age of 45 years.(Master students, PhD candidates, Post Docs).
- The submitter of the abstract is the poster presenter during the Conference (not necessarily the first author).
- Abstracts must be submitted in one of the following fields: Health, Environment or Agriculture, and in relevance to BVA 2018 Theme “New Life Sciences: Towards SDGs”.
- Abstracts for poster presentations can cover one of the SDGs categories, including but not limited to:
o Ecology and Environmental Earth Sciences
o Technology and Engineering
o Biological Sciences
o Applied Sciences
o Biomedical Engineering
o Environmental Engineering
o Medical Sciences
o Food and Agriculture Sciences.
- Poster presenter/First author shall submit only one abstract.
- Poster presenter/First author may not submit an abstract on behalf of someone else if s/he is not the presenter.
- The accepted abstract submitter must register to attend the BioVision Alexandria 2018 and present the poster.
- Abstract submitters/Presenters (with accepted abstracts) must be present at their posters during designated times, and must conform to poster session setup, presentation, and breakdown timelines.
- All submitted abstracts must be unpublished material, and not presented in any other conference, and should include the following:
o Title (Authors’ names and affiliation)
o Introduction/Aim of the Work
o Results and Discussion (Tables and Figures)
- The abstract length should not exceed 300 characters, including spaces.
To submit an abstract:
Submitted abstracts will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- Originality and innovation of the abstract presented.
- Scientific content validity.
- Relevance to the conference theme.
- The quality of an abstract should show clearly the objective of the work.
For any further information, please contact:
Ms. Riham Abd Elhamid
Center for Sustainable Development Studies
P.O. Box 138, Chatby 21526
Tel: +(203) 4839999; Ext: 2331